98RS HB221


Unofficial WWW Version

HB 221 (BR 1130) - E. Jordan, T. Burch, C. Hoffman, J. Jenkins, J. Lee, M. Marzian, R. Thomas

     AN ACT relating to granting child custody to a nonparent.
     Amend KRS 403.270, relating to child custody, to permit court to grant custody to a nonparent if it is in the best interest of the child and if the parent is either unfit or has waived the superior custodial right under KRS 405.020 and the child's welfare will be better served under the custody of the nonparent.

     Jan 9-introduced in House
     Jan 12-to Judiciary (H)
     Mar 5-posted in committee

Kentucky Legislature Home Page | Record Front Page