Title 704 | Chapter 007 | Regulation 140

704 KAR 7:140REG
A proposed version of this document exists.
View Proposed Version

704 KAR 7:140.World War II and Korean Veterans diplomas.

Section 1.

Documentation Needed to Determine Eligibility. An honorably discharged veteran of World War II, or the Korean conflict, or a member of the veteran's family, shall provide a discharge certificate showing the period of service and type of discharge and the name of the school and district of enrollment to the Kentucky Department of Veterans Affairs, 1111 Louisville Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601.

Section 2.

Guidelines for Local Boards of Education to Award Diplomas.


The Kentucky Department of Veterans' Affairs shall forward the verified documentation to the local board of education.


Upon receipt of documentation, a local board of education shall verify the veteran was enrolled in, but did not complete, high school prior to induction and meets the requirements of KRS 158.140. If the high school or district has been consolidated or reconfigured since the veteran's enrollment, the current local board of education with jurisdiction shall provide the verification.

HISTORY: (29 Ky.R. 1439; 1793; eff. 1-16-2003; 31 Ky.R. 613; 934; eff. 11-8-2004; Crt eff. 11-16-2018.)

7-Year Expiration: 11/16/2025

Last Updated: 4/26/2024

Page Generated: 5/12/2023, 4:33:50 PM