Senate Bill 101

Actions | Amendments
Last Action 03/18/21: signed by Governor (Acts Ch. 40)
Title AN ACT relating to career and technical education and declaring an emergency.
Bill Documents Current/Final
Introduced
Bill Request Number 1176
Sponsor J. Higdon
Summary of Original Version Amend KRS 157.069 to provide that when a local board of education assumes management of a state-operated vocational education and technology center, the center shall receive 100% of the funding it received as a state-operated center in the first year and 75% of the funding it received thereafter; provide that the remaining 25% of the funds shall be distributed to locally-operated centers that did not receive state supplemental funds previously; amend KRS 156.844 to require that when a local board of education assumes management of a state-operated vocational education and technology center, the local board must serve all districts serviced by the state-operated center; provide that when a local board of education assumes management of a state-operated vocational education and technology center, transferred certified employees who had tenure may be granted tenure and classified employees with four years of previous service may be offered a contract for at least five years.
Index Headings of Original Version Education, Elementary and Secondary - State-operated vocational center, transfer to local
Education, Finance - State-operated vocational center, transfer to local
Teachers - State-operated vocational center, transfer to local
Jump to Proposed Amendments Senate Committee Substitute 1
Senate Committee Amendment 1
Votes Vote History

Actions

Top | Amendments
01/11/21
  • introduced in Senate
  • to Committee on Committees (S)
02/02/21
  • to Education (S)
02/25/21
  • taken from Education (S)
  • 1st reading
  • returned to Education (S)
02/26/21
  • taken from Education (S)
  • 2nd reading
  • returned to Education (S)
03/04/21
  • reported favorably, to Rules with Committee Substitute (1) and committee amendment (1-title) as a consent bill
  • posted for passage in the Consent Orders of the Day for Thursday, March 4, 2021
  • 3rd reading, passed 36-0 with Committee Substitute (1) and committee amendment (1-title)
03/05/21
  • received in House
  • to Committee on Committees (H)
  • taken from Committee on Committees (H)
  • 1st reading
  • returned to Committee on Committees (H)
  • to Education (H)
  • posted in committee
03/11/21
  • taken from Education (H)
  • 2nd reading
  • returned to Education (H)
03/12/21
  • reported favorably, to Rules
  • posted for passage in the Regular Orders of the Day for Monday, March 15, 2021
03/15/21
  • 3rd reading, passed 96-0
  • received in Senate
  • enrolled, signed by President of the Senate
  • enrolled, signed by Speaker of the House
  • delivered to Governor
03/18/21
  • signed by Governor (Acts Ch. 40)

Proposed Amendments

Top | Actions
Amendment Senate Committee Substitute 1
Summary Retain original provisions, except amend KRS 157.069 to provide state supplemental funds to the locally operated secondary area centers that received state supplemental funds in fiscal year 2020-2021; require the transfer of state-operated vocational education and technology centers to local district management to be done by the 2022-2023 academic year to qualify for the new funding provisions; require the remaining 25% of transfer funding be first provided only to locally-operated centers that did not receive state funding for the current fiscal year; amend KRS 156.844 to require that transferred certified employees who had tenure shall be granted tenure and classified employees with four years of previous service shall be offered a contract for at least five years; EMERGENCY
Index Headings Education, Elementary and Secondary - State-operated vocational center, transfer deadline
Education, Elementary and Secondary - Locally operated centers, supplemental funding
Education, Finance - State-operated vocational center, transfer deadline
Education, Finance - Locally operated centers, supplemental funding
Teachers - State-operated vocational center, employee transfer provisions
Education, Vocational - Locally operated centers, supplemental funding
Education, Vocational - State-operated vocational center, transfer deadline
Education, Vocational - State-operated vocational center, employee transfer provisions
Effective Dates, Emergency - Locally operated centers, supplemental funding
Effective Dates, Emergency - State-operated vocational center, transfer to local

Amendment Senate Committee Amendment 1
Sponsor J. Higdon
Summary Make title amendment.
Index Headings Title Amendments - SB 101

Last updated: 4/14/2021 8:30 AM (EDT)
To receive notice when the record is updated follow @LRCTweetBot.