House Bill 528

Actions | Amendments
Last Action 04/04/24: signed by Governor
Title AN ACT relating to public safety.
Bill Documents Current/Final
Introduced
Bill Request Number 2067
Sponsor M. Hart
Summary of Original Version Amend KRS 65.7631 to extend the 5% rate of total monthly revenues deposited into the CMRS fund for assisting with the adoption and operation of next generation statewide 911 initiatives to July 1, 2025, with the 2.5% rate after that date; extend the 7.5% rate of total monthly revenues deposited into the CMRS fund for grants, matching money, or funds relating to 911 services to July 1, 2025, with a 10% rate after that date.
Index Headings of Original Version Fees - 911 services, moneys diverted to CMRS fund for distribution for 911 services, rates
Local Government - 911 services, moneys diverted to CMRS fund for distribution for 911 services, rates
Homeland Security - 911 services, moneys diverted to CMRS fund for distribution for 911 services, rates
Public Safety - 911 services, moneys diverted to CMRS fund for distribution for 911 services, rates
Cities - 911 services, moneys diverted to CMRS fund for distribution for 911 services, rates
Counties - 911 services, moneys diverted to CMRS fund for distribution for 911 services, rates
Telecommunications - 911 services, moneys diverted to CMRS fund for distribution for 911 services, rates
Public Protection - 911 services, moneys diverted to CMRS fund for distribution for 911 services, rates
Jump to Proposed Amendments House Committee Substitute 1
Senate Committee Substitute 1
Senate Committee Amendment 1
Votes Vote History

Actions

Top | Amendments
02/14/24
  • introduced in House
  • to Committee on Committees (H)
02/16/24
  • to Veterans, Military Affairs, & Public Protection (H)
02/27/24
  • reported favorably, 1st reading, to Calendar with Committee Substitute (1)
02/28/24
  • 2nd reading, to Rules
  • posted for passage in the Regular Orders of the Day for Thursday, February 29, 2024
03/05/24
  • 3rd reading, passed 94-0 with Committee Substitute (1)
03/06/24
  • received in Senate
  • to Committee on Committees (S)
03/08/24
  • to Veterans, Military Affairs, & Public Protection (S)
03/21/24
  • reported favorably, 1st reading, to Consent Calendar with Committee Substitute (1) and Committee Amendment (1-title)
03/22/24
  • 2nd reading, to Rules as a consent bill
03/25/24
  • posted for passage in the Consent Orders of the Day for Tuesday, March 26, 2024
03/26/24
  • 3rd reading, passed 38-0 with Committee Substitute (1) and Committee Amendment (1-title)
  • received in House
  • to Rules (H)
03/27/24
  • posted for passage for concurrence in Senate Committee Substitute (1) and committee amendment (1-title)
  • House concurred in Senate Committee Substitute (1) and Committee Amendment (1-title)
  • passed 91-0
  • enrolled, signed by Speaker of the House
03/28/24
  • enrolled, signed by President of the Senate
  • delivered to Governor
04/04/24
  • signed by Governor

Proposed Amendments

Top | Actions
Amendment House Committee Substitute 1
Summary Retain original provisions, except increase total annual CMRS grant cap from $2.5 million to $3 million.
Index Headings Local Government - CMRS grant cap, increase
Homeland Security - CMRS grant cap, increase
Cities - CMRS grant cap, increase
Counties - CMRS grant cap, increase
Telecommunications - CMRS grant cap, increase

Amendment Senate Committee Substitute 1
Summary Retain original provisions; amend KRS 241.170 to grant full police powers of peace officers to the city administrator and the administrator's investigators.
Index Headings Inspections - City administrators, investigators, peace officer powers, authorizing
Local Government - City administrators, investigators, peace officer powers, authorizing
Peace Officers and Law Enforcement - City administrators, investigators, peace officer powers, authorizing
Public Officers and Employees - City administrators, investigators, peace officer powers, authorizing
Public Safety - City administrators, investigators, peace officer powers, authorizing
Alcoholic Beverages - City administrators, investigators, peace officer powers, authorizing
Cities - Administrators, investigators, peace officer powers, authorizing
Cities, First Class - Administrators, investigators, peace officer powers, authorizing

Amendment Senate Committee Amendment 1
Sponsor R. Girdler
Summary Make title amendment.
Index Headings Title Amendments - HB 528/GA

Last updated: 4/18/2024 12:47 PM (EDT)